Monday, August 14, 2017

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 08/14/2017 }

Good morning and Happy Monday to you all :)

It's been a super busy but great weekend for me, as we've been celebrating my birthday and my 19th year wedding anniversary.  I can't even believe it's been 19 years of wedded bliss, really blessed and hoping we have at least 19 more :)

Are you ready for the new week?  I am, and then I'm not.  School starts today so we're shifting back into a busy routine schedule, but it's bitter sweet for me as I only have my Nicholas in school now.  AND he is starting High School.  Just a lot to take in, my goodness.

Anyway, let's get right into our Happy Homemaker Monday. 


 happyhomemakermonday

The weather:::
We've had rain on an off for a couple days.  Some days the Heavens open up and deliver a downpour of humongous proportions, other days it's a drizzle here and there, but nonetheless it's been rainy on and off for days.
Woke up to humidity and wet ground from last night's storm.  We have a pretty dry week ahead, but it's never for sure as it changes so quickly. 

Right now I am:::
Sitting down to write this post and mentally going over my to do list for today. 

On my reading pile:::
I've added a little category on my sidebar where you can see the books I'm currently reading.  I still have a lot of reviews coming up, so my reading pile is pretty big.  Not that I'm complaining :) 

Movies or Shows I watched this weekend:::
Watched King Arthur with my husband and daughter.  I know I don't mention Nick that much but he doesn't much care for movies or TV so he often prefers to stay in his room instead of watching anything with us.
I've also been catching up on Season 12 of Supernatural. 

On my TV:::
General Hospital
American Ripper
Supernatural Season 12

On the menu for this week:::

Monday
Chicken Curry     
Tuesday
Spaghetti, Garlic Bread      
Wednesday
Portuguese Chicken and Rice
Thursday
Carne de Alguidar (Portuguese Pork and Potatoes)   
Friday 
Hamburger Helper (not my favorite, but the hubby and kids love it)   
Saturday
Honey Barbecue Meatloaf, Green Beans and Mashed Potatoes  
Sunday
Cheesy Garlic Pizza

On my to do list:::
Kitchen......Empty the dishwasher, wash breakfast dishes.  Clean counters, sweep and mop.
Laundry.....Nick's laundry.
House......Got my house cleaning done yesterday so just the daily pick up here and there.
Homeschooling......Call Nick's Homeroom teacher, go through course and look through today's lessons.



What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Still moving right along with the Mandala Madness.  I've had to frog 3 rows on Part 14 and truthfully I could have made it work but I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my crochet, and even though it wouldn't be noticed by anyone, the fact that I knew that I missed a stitch 3 rows prior, just didn't sit right.  I've frogged back and today if I have a moment, I'll start working my way back up. 


Looking around the house:::
My back screen door is open, and I can hear the birds outside chirping.  It's quiet as the kids are still asleep, but it's also dark and a bit gloomy.   House is clean though so it looks warm and cozy and homey :)


From the camera:::
Sunrise this morning, how gorgeous is that?



What I'm wearing today:::
Pj pants and a tank top.  I've not yet dressed for the day as it's only 7:30 am.  I'll go and have some breakfast soon and then get dressed and start my day. 

One of my simple pleasures:::
Saturday mornings with my husband.  Sometimes we get in the car and go driving around, go to thrift stores, or check out yard sales, garden centers etc.  I just love it so much. 

Inspirational Quote, Bible verse, anything you want to share:::

And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. -Romans 8:28 (NLT)

8 comments:

Jodi said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! Hope you had a wonderful day!!! Hope the first day of school goes well for Nicholas! Love the sunrise picture!!! Have a great week!

threesidesofcrazy said...

Honey BBQ meatloaf sounds really good to me right now and is sticking in my mind. LOVE the bible quote! Have a GREAT week.

Jean said...

What a gorgeous sunrise! School starts for us this week as well. Doesn't it seem like summer just started? Hope you have a wonderful week!

GranthamLynn said...

Thank you. Have a good week.

GranthamLynn said...

Thank you. Have a good week.

Rebecca Knox said...

A belated Happy Birthday to you, Sandra! I enjoyed reading your post and the sunrise pic is gorgeous! Have a blessed week ahead!

~Rebecca

Attempting To Be A Super Mom said...

School starts here this week too. I'm so not ready to have a 4th grader, 2 grader, and kindergartener. Scottie will be starting preschool in about 2 1/2 weeks. :'( I can't believe Nicholas is in high school now! And Jasmine has graduated. Where has the time gone? Your picture of the sunrise is beautiful. Hope you have a wonderful week.

SugarMootz said...

Your meal plan looks delicious! I might have to steal a few ideas.