Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Crochet Blanket and Eggs in the Pressure Cooker!!!

January 12, 2016

Alright, I caved and started another Crochet Mood Blanket.  Granted I shouldn't really call it a mood blanket as much as a colorful squares blanket because just like the previous one, I just went with colors that I liked and not really according to my moods.

I loved it though and it was one of the blankets I sold when I needed to make some money for the move from Idaho to Texas, so yeah, time to make myself another.

Actually there are a few that I want to recreate, 3 to be exact and this is one of them.  In the picture above you only see the orange block but a few minutes ago I finished a purple on using the yarn just underneath it.

I'm so excited to get on with this project, it's quite funny to realize I'm so giddy over a crochet project, but I guess this is what happens when you go a whole year without any crochet.

My day has been a good one, I've done a little shuffling around of some things in the Den and also finally took down my Christmas village, I just am so over the holidays and ready to put away any signs of Christmas.

There's just something about a productive day, it replenishes my soul.

Now let me tell you what else I did.  I had mentioned that I got a pressure cooker for Christmas, one of the digital ones from Gourmia.

I am so in love with it, I've tried a few things and they came out great.  Today I took the plunge and tried boiled eggs and not only was it so easy but they came out perfectly cooked and were so easy to peel.

January 12, 2016

So here's how you do it.  I placed my metal rack on the bottom, and then sat the eggs on top.  You don't want the eggs to touch the bottom of the bowl. 

Add 1 cup of water, and then set it on the rice setting for 9 minutes. 

I've seen online where some people use their rice setting and turn it to 6 minutes, but my pressure cooker won't let me go below 9 so I went with it and it worked perfectly.

January 12, 2016

As soon as the eggs were done, I used the quick steam release, and dumped them into a bowl of ice cold water.

They peeled off so well and were cooked to perfection as you can see below.

January 12, 2016

I used them to make Egg Salad for our lunch.  I'm thinking this will be so handy when I want to make Deviled Eggs for a big get together.

Can't even tell you how incredibly thrilled I am that I can boil eggs in the pressure cooker, how neat is that?

By the way, if you have any tried and trusty recipes for pressure cooking, please leave them below, I would love to try.

Matter of fact, I am thinking I need to bring back my Cooking Thursday and start sharing some slow cooking and pressure cooking recipes.  What do you think?

Well friends, I do hope you find this egg tip informative and helpful and if you give it a try for yourself, be sure and let me know.

I'm off to bed, as always around this time.  I can't believe this Tuesday is already gone, this week is whizzing by at turbo speed.

I'll be back tomorrow, for sure, I can't tell you how happy I am to have gotten my blogging mojo back, I feel like I felt when I first started my blog and that is such a wonderful feeling.  :)

4 comments:

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

It's so fun to see your enthusiasm again my dear Friend!

I love seeing your crochet projects and glad you're getting that mojo back. I must say that your crochet blanket I bought is well-loved and appreciated here and my daughter likes keeping it on her bed and used it at night! ;)

I'm so intrigued by the whole pressure cooker thing. I have always thought they sound amazing, but also a little scary and intimidating. It's going to be fun to follow how you use it.
So incredible how fast it cooks things!

Blessings to you Sweetie! xoxo

Simply Quaint said...

Good morning Sandra......love your blanket design wouldlive to know the pattern you are using? Is actually called mood? What a wonderful idea on the boiled eggs, I currently font own a pressure cooker but i maybe looking into getting one.....

Thank you
Blessings
~Rhonda~

Carol said...

I am fascinated by your pressure cooker! Those eggs are seriously perfect!

Amy at love made my home said...

It is great to see you crocheting again! Hope that you enjoy it! xx